Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would write occasionally about my old motorcycle restoration projects, mainly MZ, Jawa and CZ though there are others. I will also write about the places I go and visit while riding them and occasionally I may post stuff about industrial archeology too.

This blog is for my amusement and to record stuff I may otherwise forget in the future, but if anyone else likes it too, that would be a great bonus.

I frequently make mistakes in the workshop, and I will share them on here warts and all so I can learn from them and maybe you can too.

Monday 10 May 2010

Ride to the Peak District

The weekend before this recent one I helped my good friend Kevin with his MZ ES 25o/2 Trophy bike. He had paid to have the engine rebuilt and I assisted him in getting the engine bolted back in and everything connected up. He got it MOTed this last Saturday so we went for a spin in the peak District at a gentle speed to get some running in miles done. I took my hack MZ TS 150, it looks a complete shed due to being used all year round and not getting cleaned much but is mechanically sound and a great bike. We did two RBR clues while we were out and then chanced upon a very narrow country lane which looked interesting so we followed it. Soon we got some fabulous views as can be seen from the above photo. The lane was so minor we had to stop occasionally and open gates to allow onwards access.
We had excellent fish and chips in a delightful village called Longnor and then visited an MZ rally for an hour or so to chat with everyone and see the bikes.
Here is a real rarity, in this country at least, an MZ ES 175/1 from 1965 belonging to the General Secretary of the MZ Riders Club.
A couple of nice TS 150 Pathfinder trial bikes, note the unusual tail pipe on the green one, possibly from an old Jawa.

An old MZ ETZ 250 painted up to look like a military bike.
Very shiny early TS 250. This bike is always highly polished and regularly wins prizes.

Kevin and I had a pleasant ride home in the dark of about 50 miles. His bike ran perfectly and is now over a quarter run in. It was a really cold ride though, about 5 degrees I would think. Enough to make my hands hurt with the cold and not really what we should be experiencing in May. I blame global warming!

2 comments:

  1. That green trailfinder is rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any body know where I can get a high level front exhaust as in the green pathfinder

    ReplyDelete