Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would write occasionally about my old motorcycle restoration projects, mainly MZ, Jawa and CZ though there are others. I will also write about the places I go and visit while riding them and occasionally I may post stuff about industrial archeology too.

This blog is for my amusement and to record stuff I may otherwise forget in the future, but if anyone else likes it too, that would be a great bonus.

I frequently make mistakes in the workshop, and I will share them on here warts and all so I can learn from them and maybe you can too.

Monday 31 May 2010

MZ ETS 250 Trophy Sport

Proof that it is back in one piece, here is a photo of my MZ 250 Trophy Sport. I've only been to the MOT station and back on it so far, but I intend to remedy this soon. I think it is a great looking bike, and the huge petrol tank holds 22 litres and even has a baffle plate in it to stop the fuel sloshing about too much. The riding position is a bit odd though, the tank is long, the handlebars low and the footrests well forward, so you are sort of bent in half while riding it. It's tolerably comfortable though and good fun. I have a couple of issues to sort out, namely since I put new oil seals in the forks the rebound damping is a bit poor, causing the forks to top out with a clonk on bumpy roads. Also it does seem to be running a bit rich. I will try a little more fork oil in each leg to start with and if that doesn't work I will have to replace the fork oil with something thicker, 20/50 engine oil has been suggested as a good idea.

More updates as and when progress is made, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment