Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would write occasionally about my old motorcycle restoration projects, mainly MZ, Jawa and CZ though there are others. I will also write about the places I go and visit while riding them and occasionally I may post stuff about industrial archeology too.

This blog is for my amusement and to record stuff I may otherwise forget in the future, but if anyone else likes it too, that would be a great bonus.

I frequently make mistakes in the workshop, and I will share them on here warts and all so I can learn from them and maybe you can too.

Thursday 9 September 2010

Another day out in the Peak District

A few weekends ago I was invited out for a spin by my friends Diesel Dave and Sandra. Very kind of them and a good day for a ride out. The day did not start too well though as I could not get the disc lock off the Guzzi and had to saw it off which took the best part of an hour. While doing this I managed to catch the front left hand indicator with my shoulder and promptly managed to break it off. It's made of cheap, brittle plastic and therefore is very easy to damage. I was unimpressed, but as can be seen the day was saved with some very stylish bright orange duct tape! (As an aside the whole thing was a farce as I must have had a brainstorm, I was using the wrong key all the time and therefore wrecked a perfectly good disc lock unnecessarily. How stupid was that? I think I am losing my marbles....) I managed to catch the others up, by which time they had met up with another friend of theirs, Cath.
Here we all are having a stretch-a-leg in Hartington village, from the left, Sandra, Dave, Cath.
Soon after there was a mix up and Dave and I got separated from the girls. While he went off to rescue them I sat in the sun. The Guzzi is such a pretty bike in my opinion, it gives me great pleasure to look at it.
Here is a the view from where I stopped, very nice and relaxing. We were soon all back together again and we went to a place called Wetton Mill for tea, sandwiches and cake. It was a nice spot but very crowded and we were plagued with wasps unfortunately. We took a twisty route home and were back in time for a curry locally. A grand day out, thank you Dave and Sandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment