Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would write occasionally about my old motorcycle restoration projects, mainly MZ, Jawa and CZ though there are others. I will also write about the places I go and visit while riding them and occasionally I may post stuff about industrial archeology too.

This blog is for my amusement and to record stuff I may otherwise forget in the future, but if anyone else likes it too, that would be a great bonus.

I frequently make mistakes in the workshop, and I will share them on here warts and all so I can learn from them and maybe you can too.

Monday 27 September 2010

September holiday 2

The next day we went off searching for more RBR clues in Mid and West Wales. Robin's youngest daughter came along with us this time. She is called Teifi (pronounced tie vee) after the river of the same name. After getting one clue we diverted off up a narrow road to take Teifi somewhere she had never been before, the source of the river she is named after. I took this picture from this road. Hills as far as you can see, magic!

Here she is looking down on the Teifi reservoir which dams the springs of the river. A lovely and peaceful spot.


We went on to Devil's Bridge where we had lunch at the steam railway station, got a Round Britain Rally clue on the outskirts of Aberwystwyth and then travelled down the west coast road to Cardigan. Here can be seen where the river Teifi flows into the sea.
Later on we stopped at some waterfalls on the Teifi in a village where the national coracle museum is (another clue) but it was closed by this time late in the afternoon.
We then headed back to Robin's house. Once on the main roads, the Trophy Sport had to be worked hard which caused problems with the carburation again. However, on the Heads of the Valleys road, it started to go a bit better. This is making me think that the exhaust silencer may be blocked and the heavy mileage being covered in a short time may be gradually decoking it. I hope so as a new silencer is a lot of money and the old and presumably original one is still in passable condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment