Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would write occasionally about my old motorcycle restoration projects, mainly MZ, Jawa and CZ though there are others. I will also write about the places I go and visit while riding them and occasionally I may post stuff about industrial archeology too.

This blog is for my amusement and to record stuff I may otherwise forget in the future, but if anyone else likes it too, that would be a great bonus.

I frequently make mistakes in the workshop, and I will share them on here warts and all so I can learn from them and maybe you can too.

Wednesday 29 September 2010

September holiday 3

The next day Robin and I set off for the MZ Riders Club national rally, held this year at Porlock on the north Somerset coast. It was a bit of a dull ride until we started following our noses through the lanes of Somerset. We stopped at a lovely old pub in the village of Crowcombe and I was amused by the provision for smokers in the rear yard of the pub, very inventive!
We stopped at a lovely spot later on, the Clatworthy reservoir on Exmoor. An impressive structure but rather difficult to photograph.
Nearing our destination we stopped at the top of Porlock Hill and admired the fine view.
I decided that as I was on holiday, I would get B and B for the time of my stay in Porlock. How's this for a great view? The photo was taken from my bedroom window, looking down the valley, over Porlock village to the sea.

A pleasant evening was spent with other MZ club members in the various pubs in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment