Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would write occasionally about my old motorcycle restoration projects, mainly MZ, Jawa and CZ though there are others. I will also write about the places I go and visit while riding them and occasionally I may post stuff about industrial archeology too.

This blog is for my amusement and to record stuff I may otherwise forget in the future, but if anyone else likes it too, that would be a great bonus.

I frequently make mistakes in the workshop, and I will share them on here warts and all so I can learn from them and maybe you can too.

Sunday 25 April 2010

Jawa oil pump, partial success

Well, I went on a run up and down the Colne Valley in West Yorkshire this evening to see if I had cured the oil pump leak. The answer is no, but it does seem to be less then it was. I will have to keep an eye on it. Above is a view of the oil pump on the side of the engine. Originally the throttle cable would have been connected to the wheel on the right hand side

I had a good run though, most enjoyable. The weather was a bit showery but I got some good photos I think.
This is by the side of the road about 4 miles from where I live.
Here is the view over the wall. I feel very fortunate to live where I do.
Nice daffodils!
I wandered down the road to Merrydale, a tiny hamlet in the bottom of the valley. This is the view to one of the lovely cottages there.

The road turns into a rough track just over the old stone bridge over the river. There is no turning circle so I would never take a car down there!
And so the locals have put a sign up because they are fed up with folk going down there and getting stuck. In case you can't read it, the sign says "Sat Nav Wrong Use Brain" I am a big believer in maps and common sense, so i find this all very amusing.







1 comment:

  1. Hello, mi name is Jose i'am from Peru i have a Jawa CZ trial type 482, and i like you motorcycle.
    I have a question, if you made it work the oil pump, becasue mine is similar but it doesn't work, at least that i think because no oil is pumped out the pump.
    gretings

    ReplyDelete